Baking relaxes me. When I didn’t have to go into the office this week, I decided to bake up a storm. My go-to recipes are banana bread and chocolate chip cookies. I decided to take some to a couple that I’m friends with as a Christmas present. They happen to manage a cooking Facebook page and deemed my baked goods good enough to be featured!
Click on the picture for a link to the Facebook page
I’ve made banana bread and chocolate chip cookies from various recipes over the years. The recipe I use today is a combination of these various recipes with a few of my own modifications. I hope you enjoy!
-2 cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup brown sugar
– 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add bananas and mash. Add 2 eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- If the mixture is too dry (there seem to be clumps of flour that are not mixing well), add in the third egg.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased pound cake pan. (I just dip a pastry bush into some room temperature butter and apply it on the pan)
- Bake at 350 F or 175C for 45 mins. If you insert a chopstick into the middle and it comes out clean, that means it’s done
- Let it sit in the pan for 10-15 mins. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Slice and serve
Chocolate chip cookies
-2 1/4 cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1 cup unsalted butter
-1/4 white sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-2 large eggs
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- Mix butter and both sugars together with an electric beater on medium until fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla extra, and eggs on low for one minute.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until dispersed evenly.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Please large tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the sheet about 1 inches apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove, place on wire rack, and let cool completely.